Image credit: RenLorian Designs
It’s been a hard month. When the news started rolling out mid-March the initial response was shock and uncertainty, but the next step was action. Instead of sitting back and wondering what could be done, creative people figured it out and started doing it.
Here are some of the people doing good work and some of the ways you can support them in their efforts. These are the people helping essential workers, making masks, and providing a helping hand in a collective effort the world will never forget.
Some Ways to Support These Artists and Makers
- Send them money directly (Here are some digital tipping methods) to help them cover costs and materials
- Buy products already in their shop
- Ask them how they could be best supported – some of them are looking for helping hands to speed up production
- Donate clean fabric and elastic to the mask makers
- Tip: Don’t be offended if they don’t reply. Many of them are working overtime to make this work happen, so if they don’t respond, move on to another on the list.
Masks and Face Shields
- Mandi’s Masks
- North Shore Music Theatre
- Shindig! Studios
- SaVor Designs
- Skeletons in the Closet
- The Brickyard Collective
- Dark Monk
- RenLorian Designs
- Leather Pixie
- Sparkletown Studios
- Unalome Designs
- Victory Programs
- North Shore Fabric Masks for Health Professionals
- Worcester Face Shield Project
Ongoing Food Donation
Support restaurants donating meals by ordering takeout from the restaurant or funding their efforts directly.
from 25.00 – Curbside Pickup Only
Runner Buffs are designed for cold weather face protection, and with the recent recommendation from the CDC, we wanted to make these available to more than just the Notch Running Club.
Creative North Shore is produced, curated and managed by Creative Collective, we are trying really hard to make sure that we don’t have to put a paywall in place and could really use your support to keep afloat and make us able to keep a few of our staff employed and providing you with content and information. Please consider supporting us with any amount.