🌈 Happy PRIDE! 🌈
At Creative Collective, we are so excited to celebrate LGBTQIA2+ Pride on the North Shore and beyond. Here are some of the great events, flag raisings, festivals, parties, and arts and culture events that you will absolutely want to check out North of Boston this June.
Also, we want this roundup to be as full as possible. If you’re hosting a pride event North of Boston, send us a message to email@example.com with the subject line PRIDE for inclusion.
City Flag Raisings and Regional Pride Festivals
June 20-24th: United Lynn Pride
- Monday, June 20 at 6:00-7:30PM – Pride Panel & Gallery Reception: Lynn Museum
- Tuesday, June 21 at 4:30-6:00PM – Lynn Pride Flag Raising: Lynn City Hall
- Tuesday, June 21 at 6:00-7:30PM – Pride, Food, & Fellowship St. Stephen’s Church
- Tuesday, June 21 at 7:30-9:00PM – Lynn Rainbow Bridge Lighting: Central Sq Underpass
- Wednesday, June 22 at 6:00-8:30PM – Pride Paint Night at Galleries at Lynn Arts
- Thursday, June 23 at 6:30-8:00PM – Pride Zumbathon: Demakes Family YMCA
- Friday, June 24 at 6:00-9:00PM – Final Fridays: Youth Pride Frederick Douglas Memorial Park
- Friday, June 24 at 9:00PM-1:00AM – Stratosphere “Lynn Pride Finale Celebration” (Adult Glow Party) – Uncommon Feasts
June 23-26th: North Shore Pride Parade and Festival
- June 23 @ 7:00 Pm – 8:30 Pm – Interfaith Service – Tabernacle Church
- June 24 @ 4:00 Pm – 6:00 Pm – Prancing On The Patio – Location TBD
- June 25 @ 12:00 Pm – 1:30 Pm – North Shore Pride Parade – Salem, MA
- June 25 @ 11:00 Am – 5:00 Pm – North Shore Pride Festival – Salem Common
- June 25 @ 5:00 Pm – 9:00 Pm – North Shore Pride Youth After Party – nAGLY
- June 25 @ 5:00 Pm – 9:00 Pm – North Shore Pride After Party – Marina Beer Garden, Salem
June 1-5th: Marblehead Pride Celebrations
- Wednesday, June 1, 2022 At 6 Pm – Marblehead Pride Coming Out Party! – The Beacon Restaurant & Bar, Marblehead
- Sunday, June 5, 2022 At 3 Pm – Marblehead Pride Flag Raising Ceremony – Abbot Hall, Marblehead
Check out these flag raisings and events!
- Wed. June 1st: Salem Pride Flag Raising: Riley Plaza. 212 Washington Street at 12pm.
- Thu. June 2nd: Haverhill Pride Flag Raising: City Hall. 4 PM
- Fri. June 3rd: Gloucester Pride Flag Raising: City Hall. 12:15 PM
- Sat. June 4th: Swampscott Pride with Flag Raising: Swampscott Town Hall. Starting at 1 PM.
- Sat. June 4th: Greater Lowell PRIDE: from 1-6pm in Jack Kerouac Park in Lowell, MA 75 Bridge St, Lowell, MA 01852
- Sat. June 4th: Lynnfield Pride Celebration: 4-6pm Lynnfield Commons
- Sun. June 5th: Danvers Pride: Peabody Institute: 15 Sylvan Street. From noon until 3 PM.
- Tuesday. June 7th: Beverly Pride Flag Raising. Beverly City Hall. Tuesday, June 7, 2022 At 4:30 Pm
- Sat. June 11th: Peabody Flag Raising. Peabody City Hall. 5 PM
- Sat. June 11th: Newburyport Pride. All day. Several events.
- Sat. June 11th: Hamilton/Wenham Pride Picnic (with family games): 650 Asbury Street, South Hamilton. From noon – 4 PM.
Attend the Inaugural Panorama Film Festival for Queer & Trans Youth
The Inaugural Panorama Film Festival: A Revolutionary Existence presented by Cinema Salem in partnership with Mutant Kid Creative and Queer Videography will take place on June 16th, 2022 in Salem, Massachusetts.
Panorama is a new short film festival dedicated to giving a platform to LGBTQIA+ youth filmmakers. After receiving 154 submissions and over 30 hours of footage in total, the festival will feature two hours of short films from all over the globe, including submissions queer and trans youth, allies and members of the community under 30.
Take the Rainbow Stroll
Salem Ghost Tours is PROUD to present The Rainbow Stroll, a new historic walking tour celebrating the vibrant LGBTQ+ history of Salem and Boston’s north shore!
Join our expert guides on a stroll through the gorgeous heart of Witch City and discover tales of love, activism, and fabulous LGBTQ+ figures of yore. Join us in June for this special, seasonal event and book your tickets in advance at www.salemghosttours.com!
Check Out These Pride Events
- 6/1 at 5PM – Pride Night at The Castle: A Board Game Cafe: Kick off Pride Month with a night to benefit Nagly! Play games, eat food and be entered to win prizes.
- 6/6 at 8pm – Pride Kick Off at Gulu Gulu with NYC Queens Chola Spears, Bambina and Salem King Dick Kayin hosted by Miz Diamond Wigfall
- 6/10 at 5pm – PRIDE NIGHT at Granite Coast Brewing: Join the North Shore Alliance of GLBTQ Youth (NAGLY) at Granite Coast Brewing for Pride Night! Wear your Pride colors and grab some LGBTQ+ resources. Bring friends or meet new ones. The patio will be open! Bring board or card games and grab a table and beer. Biscuit Drop will be on hand with sweet and savory treats! Create & Escape DIY Workshops will have mini art projects. Art projects and raffle items will benefit NAGLY.
- 6/10 at 6pm – PEM Pride After-Hours Conversation and Dance Party: Join us as we kick off Pride Month with the legendary Ana Matronic of Scissor Sisters and host of Dance Devotion on BBC Radio 2.
- 6/12 at 3pm – North Shore Pride Tea Dance: North Shore Pride will be kicking off with a Tea Dance at BareWolf Brewing in Amesbury on June 12th from 3-6pm. Bring your friends, bring your family, bring your summer ‘fits – it’s going to be a blast!
- 6/13 at 6pm – PRIDE Art Market at Gulu Gulu: Come sip and shop tonight at the Gulu Gulu Cafe for our June Artist’s Market! We have several new artists as well as some favorites this month.
- 6/14 at 5pm – Over The Rainbow Social Club for LGBT Seniors 50+ Pride Dinner. House of Seven Gables (Salem) Suggested donation $30pp, RVSP to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 6/15 at 8pm – Queens of the Castle at The Castle: Queens of the Castle returns to The Castle: A board game cafe on Wednesday June 15th. It features a diverse cast of drag Artists from Massachusetts and New Hampshire. Hosted by Beverly’s own Kristi Kreamm and Co hosted by Travis Ti’ Stone along with 5 other amazing performers. Tickets are $15 and go on sale April 29th.
- 6/17 at 8:30pm – Drag Queen Bingo with Miz Diamond Wigfall: Come celebrate pride month 2022 with a Drag Bingo night including two fierce queens, Miss Michael and Miz Diamond Wigfall!!!
- 6/18 at 4-5:30pm – Meet me at the Mall with Miz Diamond Wigfall: Just like the mall concerts of the 80’s and 90’s, this is a midday show, starting at 4pm so you can have some entertainment while you shop! Be sure to stick around for these amazing performances and don’t forget to tip your queens!
- 6/18 at 7pm – Stand Up for Pride Comedy Night! – As part of our 2022 Pride Month activities, join us for a night of incredible stand up featuring comedians Chloe Cunha, Amy Tee, and Val Kappa. All proceeds benefit The Wenham Museum and the Hamilton-Wenham Human Rights Coalition. Tickets $20/person, intended for ages 18+. See you there!
- 6/18 at 9pm – Nerd Ball at Bit Bar with Dick Kayin: Costume/Cosplay Queer dance party, hosted by Miz Diamond Wigfall
- 6/18 at 9:30pm – Queer Nation Pride Edition: Come celebrate Pride Month with Queer Nation at Koto! DJ Zombi of Decade 80s Night will be behind the decks to get you dancing!
- 6/24 at 9am – LGBTQ+ “Elders in and Ever Changing World”, Virtual conference.
- 6/25 – High on Pride at Seagrass with Buster Pants, hosted by Miz Diamond Wigfall.
- Sundays 3-6pm – DRAG BRUNCH with Miz Diamond Wigfall at Gulu Gulu
- Weekends in June from 1-3pm – Drop-in Art Activity: Rainbow Sponge Posters: Happy Pride Month! Pride is all about being yourself, showing off your colors, and supporting the LGBTQ+ community. Grab your sponges and your paint to join us as we create beautiful rainbow posters to celebrate pride month.
Celebrate Pride in Arts and Culture
What is Gender? And Why it Matters Wednesday, June 8 @ 7:00 pm at The Cabot in Beverly
Featuring speaker Alex Myers, writer, teacher, speaker, and activist who since high school has campaigned for transgender rights. As a female-to-male transgender person, Alex began his transition at Phillips Exeter Academy and was the first transgender student in that academy’s history. A discussion to follow the presentation.
The wine scene that is still arguably dominated by white males, is making way for things such as Black representation, female ownership, and inclusion in general. One area that remains relatively unrepresented in the industry is the queer community. Let’s change that!
Join Lucille for Sommelier-led wine tastings! Located on the North Shore in Lynn, Massachusetts, wine tastings at Lucille provide guests the opportunity to enjoy our collection while learning about wine. Visit our tasting room today, we’re open Wednesday-Saturday from 2-6 PM.
What is Creative Collective?
Creative Collective is a group of economic development strategists, small business supporters, activation specialists, and believers in the importance of the creative workforce. We foster growth, sustainability, and scalability for small businesses, creative thinkers, organizations, entrepreneurs, and innovators.
Learn more and join Creative Collective at www.creativecollectivema.com/join