#StayLocalMA (#StayLocal2021) is an innovative and collaborative regional approach to explore, dine, and shop locally. Creative Collective created The Stay Local MA Campaign to support your favorite small businesses throughout the community – both in-store and online and keep your money local.
“Small businesses are the lifeblood of most communities and on the North Shore that couldn’t be more true,” said John Andrews (he/him), President and Founder of Creative Collective.
Lynn, MA is a thriving, multicultural city that has its share of museums, art galleries, restaurants, shopping, street art, and local happenings. Here is our guide to the best of Lynn, MA, making it easy for you to #eatlocal, #shoplocal, and #staylocal this Holiday season (and beyond!)
Lynn is an eclectic place to get out and shop small, no matter what your budget. Here are some retail locations downtown that you definitely want to check out:
- Lucille Wine Shop and Tasting Room – 776 Washington St: Wine, Beer, Cider with rotating tasting room opportunities
- Lydia Pinkham Labs (Open Studios this weekend, November 20th and 21st) – 271 Western Avenue: Three floors of artists, shops, and food!
- Dig Enamels – 271 Western Ave, Studio 313C: fine art and handmade enamel jewelry
- m.ink studios: 271 Western Ave Studio 314C: traditional sign making, fine art hand lettering, art prints, and mural design
- Ravenstone – 58 Exchange Street: Vintage designs given new life in New England with recycled brass and genuine precious metals
- Shop at Galleries at Lynn Arts – Fine arts, crafts, and gifts from local artists and makers
- Durum Fresh Pasta – 437 Eastern Ave: Artisanal fresh pasta and sauces
- Zimman’s – 80 Market St: Fabric and Interior Design Center
- Jerusalem Discount Furniture – 64 Market St: Wholesale & Factory Pricing, Quality Furniture
Lynn has got a bit of something (a bite of something?) for everyone food-wise, a fact which is putting it on the noteworthy North of Boston culinary map. Here are some of our favorite places to Eat Local in Lynn:
- Bent Water Brewing – 180 Commercial St #18: Lynn’s only taproom and brewery!
Cafes, Bakeries, and Quick bites
- Los Chamos – 227 Union St: Venezuelan quick bites including Arepas, Cachapas and more
- Walnut Street Coffee Cafe – 157 Walnut St: Coffee, pastries, beer, and wine
- Boba Tea & Snow Ice House – 1 City Hall Square: Boba tea and snow cones
- Land of a Thousand Hills – 61 Munroe St: Coffee, tea, sandwiches and more with a mission to equip and empower homeless youth.
- One Mighty Mill – 68 Exchange St: Bagels and coffee
- Union Café – 1 Central Square: Coffee and quick serve pastries
- B. Sweet Cakes and Desserts – 117 Munroe Street: Signature cakes and desserts
- My Guatemala Bakery – 201 Union St: Guatemalan Baked Goods & Cakes
- Traditional Breads Inc – 161 Pleasant St: Wholesale Bakery
- Uncommon Feasts – 271 Western Ave: Catering and special event dining at Lydia Pinkham Labs
- El Tikal/El Gran Jugar – 228 Union St/70 Commercial St: Authentic Guatemalan, Salvadoran and Mexican food
- Nightshade Noodle Bar – 73 Exchange St.: Vietnamese and French fusion cuisine
- Montes Pizza – 141 Eastern Ave: Family-friendly, sit-down pizzeria
- Tacos Lupita – 129 Munroe Street: Burritos, tacos, Salvadoran pupusas & other quick bites
- Christopher’s Cafe – 2 Lewis Street: Casual Breakfast and Lunch diner fare
- Antojitos Chapines Restaurant – 180 Union St: Authentic Guatemalan fare
Supporting small businesses means staying local. There is so much happening in Lynn that you don’t have to venture far to have some of the best art and cultural experiences Eastern Massachusetts has to offer. Here are some of our favorites:
Arts and Culture
- Lynn Museum/Lynn Arts – 25 Exchange St: Heritage museum representing the heart and history of Lynn
- Beyond Walls Murals – Citywide: Self-guided mural tour of the city’s world-renown street art
- Galleries at Lynn Arts – 25 Exchange St: Art gallery featuring work from local artists
- Arts After Hours – 25 Exchange Street: Theatre and performance venue
- Bobbie Bush, Boston Portrait Artist – 271 Western Ave: Professional portrait painter
- Jazzy Sportswear – 110 Broad St: Screen printing and embroidery
Health and Professional Services
- Soul City Yoga – 271 Western Ave: Black and Woman owned Yoga studio
- Joan Hair Design and Beauty Supply – 760 Western Ave: Full service salon
- Victorious Barbers – 423 Union St: Barber Shop
Are you a Lynn-based small business who would like to be included in this list? Send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “#StayLocal2021 in Lynn.”
Creative Collective’s #NonprofitNovember to highlight nonprofits, foundations, and community organizations North of Boston
This November, Creative Collective is launching #NonprofitNovember, a social media campaign geared towards bringing awareness to local nonprofits and encouraging the public to support. Nonprofit and community organizations foster civic engagement, leadership, and growth for cities, and the role they occupy as cultural touchstones and educational hubs in North Shore communities is difficult to miss.