In the historic city of Salem, the heartbeat of diversity and cultural expression can be heard through the enchanting sounds of drumming, dance, and song. On a day filled with rhythm, flavor, and artistry, The House of the Seven Gables Settlement Association hosted the Fusion Fest—a special celebration honoring the cultures and backgrounds of students in their ESL and Citizenship classes.
The House of the Seven Gables, with its longstanding commitment to guide and educate newly arrived immigrants, offered a platform to shine a light on the rich tapestry that weaves our community together. The event was not only a celebration of various cultures but also a testament to the continuous efforts of The Gables in fostering success and integration within the United States.
An Array of Cultural Performances
The Fusion Fest was alive with performances from local and international talents:
- Greg Coles Dance and Drum showcased African/Caribbean Drumming.
- Boston Casineros enlivened the crowd with Cuban salsa.
- Rosario Rivas elegantly performed Argentinian Tango.
- Felipe Collazo delivered Cuban classics with a rock influence.
- BOMBAntillana mesmerized with traditional Puerto Rican dance.
- Capoeira Brasil New England presented the martial art of Capoeira.
- Luna Latin Jazz concluded the event with an incredible Latin Jazz Combo.
Special mention goes to BOMBAntillana, who brought stories, energies, and dance to the event, showcasing Bomba, a beautiful representation of Puerto Rican culture and history.